WILLIAM JAMES MIDDLE SCHOOL
SIXTH GRADE SUPPLIES 2016-2017
MATERIALS THAT ALL STUDENTS NEED ON A DAILY BASIS
1. FOUR (4) POCKET AND PRONGED FOLDERS (vinyl preferred)
red (math), green (science), purple (social studies), blue (English
2. COLORED PENCILS (Crayola Twistables Colored Pencils)
Please make sure your child has these colored pencils, they will use them throughout the school year on numerous projects. Also, make sure the package says pencils and not coloring crayons.
3. NUMBER 2 PENCILS (your child needs pencils for the entire school year)
4. **LOOSE LEAF NOTEBOOK PAPER (wide or college ruled)
5. TI–34 MultiView Calculator (available at Office Depot, Target, or Walmart) Make sure before you open your calculator that it is a TI-34 MultiView. The calculators are also sold at our school for $20.
6. THREE (3) COMPOSITION BOOKS (SOCIAL STUDIES, ENGLISH, & SCIENCE)
7. A 1/2-INCH THREE RING BINDER
8. PERSONAL EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES FOR USE WITH SCHOOL LAPTOPS
A TEACHER WILL COLLECT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FROM EACH STUDENT
1. TWO PACKS OF PENCIL CAP ERASERS
2. ONE PACK OF BLACK DRY ERASE MARKERS
3. **ONE PACK OF LOOSE LEAF NOTEBOOK PAPER (wide or college ruled)
4. GIRLS BRING TWO BOXES OF KLEENEX
5. BOYS BRING ONE CONTAINER OF CLOROX WIPES
**BUY A TOTAL OF TWO PACKS OF LOOSE LEAF NOTEBOOK PAPER
ONE FOR YOUR CHILD AND ONE FOR THE TEACHERS**
BACKPACKS OR BAGS ARE DISCOURAGED IN THE CLASSROOMS. IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE ONE, BE SURE TO BUY ONE SMALL ENOUGH SO THAT THE EMPTY BACKPACK OR BAG WILL FIT IN THE LOCKERS. ROLLING BACKPACKS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
SLING BAGS ARE PREFERRED!